Fertility Fact Friday
Stress & Infertility
Helpful information from the American Society of Reproductive Medicine
What can I do to reduce my stress?
• Talk to your partner.
• Realize you’re not alone. Talk to other people who have
infertility, through individual or couple counseling, or support
• Read books on infertility, which will show you that your
feelings are normal and can help you deal with them.
• Avoid taking too much caffeine or other stimulants.
• Exercise regularly to release physical and emotional tension.
• Have a medical treatment plan with which both you and your
partner are comfortable.
• Learn as much as you can about the cause of your infertility
and the treatment options available.
• Find out as much as you can about your insurance coverage and
make financial plans regarding your fertility treatments.