for Miscarriage or Stillbirth
How to Respond
- Acknowledge the loss. Whether it has happened at five or forty weeks of pregnancy. The loss of life is felt deeply.
- Your silent presence can speak volumes.
- Show love, “love never fails.” I Corinthians 13:8
- Note the date when the miscarriage or stillbirth occurred and acknowledge it the next year.
- Give a call or send a card on Mothers or Fathers Day.
What NOT to Say
- “Don’t worry; your baby is up in heaven safe.”
- “You’ll get pregnant again; you’ll have other children.”
- “I thought you’d be over this by now.”
- “Why are you so sad? You were only a few weeks along.”
- “I guess it wasn’t meant to be.”
- “All things work together for the good!”