Fertility Fact Friday
September marks PCOS Awareness month. If you are not familiar with PCOS, otherwise known as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome it is the most common endocrine disorder in females. It can severely block your chances to conceive a child.
- Irregular Menstrual Cycle
- Weight Gain or difficulty losing weight
- Hirsutism – excess hair growth on face and body
- Sleep Apnea
- High Cholesterol and high triglycerides
- Multiple follicle (cysts) on ovaries
- Insulin Resistance
- Type 2 Diabetes
There are more symptoms, health risks and information which can be found at the non-profit organization, PCOS Foundation. If you’d like further information about PCOS from a nutritional, supplement or meal planning standpoint check out PCOS Diva.