for Pastors & Ministry Leaders
- Lesli Westfall, the founder of Dancing Upon Barren Land Ministry is available to speak at retreats, women’s groups and conferences. Various topics include: Longing and barrenness in any area of our lives, Having hope and persevering faith in the midst of infertility and How to be an ambassador for Christ using biblical principles with the protocol of etiquette. Contact Lesli Westfall at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beth Forbus, founder of Sarah’s Laughter Ministry, is available to provide infertility and miscarriage support seminars, as well as a memorial service for miscarried or stillborn babies. Contact: www.sarahs-laughter.com
- Nerida Walker, founder of New Life Ministries: Bringing Life to Barrenness is available for seminars and conferences in the regions of Australia, United Kingdom and Asia. www.newlifeministries.com.au
- Vision: A Journal for Church and Theology, Beginning of Life, Spring 2003, Vol.4, No.1 – A highly recommended book for church and ministry leaders covering an array of topics: infertility, miscarriage, adoption, embryonic stem cell research. Also includes a moving memorial meditation and the moral significance of bioethics and the church. To order, contact Institute of Mennonite Studies/Seminary, Elkhart, Indiana, www.mennovision.org
Suggestions for your place of worship:
- Presentation Sunday - In commemoration of the Presentation of Jesus in the Temple by Mary and Joseph 40 days after His birth, Cedar Park Church in Bothel, Washington has designated the last Sunday in January as Presentation Sunday. For the last 20 years, this church, along with other churches in their city and across the country have held a time of prayer for couples who desire children, but have encountered difficulty in doing so. Contact: www.cedarpark.org/presentation for more information.
- According to Ephesians 1:5, all who have received Christ as Lord and Savior have been adopted into the family of God. Inspire and uplift your congregation through contemporary Christian artist Steven Curtis Chapman’s support organization called “Show Hope.”www.showhope.org. Consider his two suggestions below:
- Adoption Fund Ministry - While many families have room in their hearts and home for a child, they all too often become discouraged and do not answer the call to adopt due to monetary concerns. Consider beginning an Adoption Fund Ministry in your church.
- Orphan Care/Adoption Sunday - An ideal way to raise awareness and resources in your church is to dedicate a specific day to orphans and adoption. Allot time in one of the main worship services to teach on God’s call for orphans and to celebrate adoption.